»

Monday, August 29, 2011

Fishing Fun! Elliot's 5th Birthday

Mommy's Boy


My Elliot is truly the son that every mother dreams of having. He is sweet natured, smart and best of all, he truly believes that "mommy", is the most beautiful and important woman in the world. In his eyes, I do no wrong. In his eyes, I am fearless. And in his 5 year old mind, I can change the world, move mountains, and make monsters cry. I cherish this time, for I know it is fleeting. And every birthday is a reminder, that my little boy is growing up.

This year, Elliot requested a fishing birthday. Usually, I don't do themes, but this was an easy party to put together and turned out to be tons of fun.

I made fish bait party favors, using crushed oreos and gummy worms.



I set up a fishing hole, using an inflatable baby pool and some magnetic fishing poles.



I also made some fishing poles, using craft sticks and clothespins. The kids cast their pole into the "pond", and when they felt a fish tug, they reeled in their prize.



Goldfish crackers, sweedish fish and gummy worms made perfect snacks!


I made a fish cake by simply baking a large sheet cake, rounding off the corners, and using those pieces to make fins and a tail. I used blue icing, and m&ms to decorate.


I also had a craft station, where the kids could make/decorate their own fish. I cut the foam pieces into the shape of a fish beforehand, and then just put out pom poms, pipe cleaners, glitter and glue for them to get creative!



He loved his party, and it was laid back enough that we were able to enjoy it as well!


Happy 5th Birthday Elliot!


4 comments:

  1. i love your fishing bait favors. where did you find the containers? was is costly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to comment. I got the containers at the dollar tree! They came in packs of 3 so it was very low cost. I love a good deal. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love your fishing theme! I'm getting ready to do my 6 year old's party next week and he is all about fishing! Love the Fish bate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elated to see the perfect party ideas. Still remember the bridal party organized by my cousin before my big day. Loved her concern and affection towards me. Also the alluring Los Angeles venues booked by her with my favorite red floral décor. Dinner, desserts, Dj all were out of the world. Really thankful to her for making my day.

    ReplyDelete