»

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Window Art

Stained Glass Effect


In my dream house, there are elegant, elaborate stained glass windows in every room. There is also a jelly fish tank....and an endless supply of chocolate. But that's beside the point. The point being, that until I am old, rich and refined, I will probably not live in a house full of awe inspiring stained glass windows. But, this fun little project creates a simple effect that resembles stained glass.

You will need:
Tissue Paper
Plastic Wrap
Tape
Scissors
Glue

First you need to tape plastic wrap over the entire window surface.

Cut the tissue paper into small pieces of different shapes and sizes.



Then you can begin gluing the pieces onto the window. There is no rhyme or reason to the placement, just go to town.




This is an easy, but time consuming project. Put your kidlets to work helping or let them do it on their own. My son helped me finish this window and he was very proud of the way it turned out. I wouldn't call it an elegant masterpiece, but it's pretty and it makes me smile. :)


Now, how to go about making my own jellyfish tank?.........

No comments:

Post a Comment