»

Friday, June 10, 2011

Thrift Shop Frames



Reinventing an old picture frame is easy, inexpensive and best of all, you can customize it with the colors, paper or fabric of your choice! I found these frames at a thrift shop for about $.25 cents each. Did I mention that I love thrift shops?  
 I looooove thrift shops.
I used Folk Art acrylic paint. I already had the blue and the green. So, I purchased the purple and the aqua for a total of $1.97....yes at Walmart. I live in a small town. Walmart is all I have to work with unless I brave the 45 minute drive to the nearest "city" with 2 fidgety, temper mental children and one unpredictable, wild bobcat baby. I know, Walmart is bad, but sanity is a good thing in a mom, right?
I already had the paper and fabric supplies for the inside of the frames. So this project cost me a grand total of $2.97. And the best part is, I was able to complete it from start to finish in two days. Long term projects have no place with scatterbrained mommy's or wild, unruly children. :)

  • First you will want to disassemble the frames and wipe them down.
  • Then you are ready to start painting the wood. I used 3-4 coats of paint on each frame. Wait at least an hour before re coating.
  • Now that your frames are looking snazzy and bright all you have to do is decide how to fill them.
  • I used a combination of fabric, scrap booking paper and prints.

3 comments:

  1. Love, Love Love this idea! So cute! Excited to read more ideas! I love repainting all kinds o stuff! Congrats on the fab blog!
    -Jerika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Minnie! Looks great. I love making altered frames. We need to get together for a craft day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get the frames here, like from page one? I wanna do this.

    ~Lysh:)

    ReplyDelete